5764 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Replication between HPE MSA 2040 and 2050 for Disaster Recovery

Opeyemi
Occasional Contributor

Replication between HPE MSA 2040 and 2050 for Disaster Recovery

Hello everyone,

Please, I configured both storage box to be in the same subnet, created a peer connection between 2040 and 2050 successfully by querying the peer connection from 2050, since 2040 doesn't not support authentication.

So, replication sets were configured and started. But after initial or base replication, the replication was paused and the 2050 was taken to the DR site, whereby there is need to change its local IP address to another subnet. I edited the peer connection on 2040 by changing the IP of the remote IP to the DR IP, it says incorrect username and password. So, peer connection couldn't resume.

My question now is that

1. Is it possible to do a base or initial replication before taking the secondary storage to the DR?

2. If yes, what should I do to achieve this.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Replication between HPE MSA 2040 and 2050 for Disaster Recovery

@Opeyemi 

Request you to please provide clear details like which array is in DataCenter or DC and which array is in DR site. AFter that which array you moved to which site. That will help us to understand the setup and what exactly you want to achieve.

For example: MSA2040 is in DC and MSA2050 is in DR. Then you moved MSA2040 to DR site where MSA2050 was there before. Like this step by step you provide details. May be pointwise would be better.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I am an HPE employee

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

***********************************************************************************

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo