1751972 Members
4755 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion

Replication between Two MSA 2050

Syedcamir

Replication between Two MSA 2050

Hi,

i have done the initial confiuration on MSA1 along with luns and required RAID Configuration on MSA 1 now i have a MSA2 on which i want to replicate but the Replication icon is not enable.  Both MSA are connected via FC throuch SAN Switch.

Thanks,

Sameer.

5 REPLIES 5
Cali
Honored Contributor

Re: Replication between Two MSA 2050

Hi,

first, check if the License is Installed:

Notes:  One Advanced Data Services Suite License per array is required for replication. For example, if you have two MSA arrays performing replication (from Primary system to Remote System), you will need a total of 2 licenses.

Cali

ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.
ArunKKR
HPE Pro

Hi Sameer,

As  suggested by Cali, please check whether replication license is installed on both the arrays.

In the Home topic, select Action > System Settings > Install License.
In the System topic, select Action > System Settings > Install License.

This will list the features enabled.

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

ArunKKR
HPE Pro

Hi Syed,

Please let us know whether the information shared helped.

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

POPNVX

Dear Sir

I need replication between san hpe MSA2040 and MSA2060

Does the HPE hpe support that? And which license do I have to buy?

We look forward to receiving your support

Vinky_99
Esteemed Contributor

Hello @POPNVX 

Good day!

To set up data replication between MSA 2040 and MSA 2060, you typically have a few options, such as Remote Snap or Continuous Access.

Here are some general steps and considerations:

>> First, ensure that your MSA 2040 and MSA 2060 models and their firmware versions are compatible for replication.

>> Data replication features often require additional licensing. You will need to purchase the appropriate licenses for your MSA systems to enable replication features. The exact license(s) you need can depend on your specific use case, so it's best to contact HPE or an authorized HPE reseller for licensing details.

>> Depending on the firmware and feature set of your MSA systems, you may have options such as Remote Snap or Continuous Access for data replication. The method you choose will depend on your specific requirements, such as RPO (Recovery Point Objective) and RTO (Recovery Time Objective). Continuous Access is often used for synchronous replication, while Remote Snap is used for asynchronous replication.

>> Once you have the necessary licenses and have confirmed compatibility, you will need to configure replication on both the MSA 2040 and MSA 2060 units. This involves setting up replication pairs, specifying the replication mode, and defining other parameters based on your requirements.

>> After setting up replication, it's crucial to monitor the replication status, ensure that it's working as expected, and be prepared for failover and failback scenarios if required. You can use management tools provided by HPE for this purpose.

See if this gives some insights

These are my opinions so use it at your own risk.