1754014 Members
7245 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SAN Cluster on Windows 2000 file servers

sandeep_22

SAN Cluster on Windows 2000 file servers

Hi,
I have EVA 5000 with 56 disks (146 GB) & various cluster servers on to it. Also have MSa 1000 in place. Somehow my Windows 2000 file servers seems to be behaving eratic at time. Server utilization goes high to almost 90% all of sudden. Of recent the the second cluster node failed saying no groups present. I could in betwn see the folders on to it but could not log on. We have thres domain controllers on network on differnt subnets & server farms for redudancy.We have Veritas backup exec 9.1 & Storage central configured on each box with Secure path installed. Also, the ports on the fabric swithes show errors at times.. Would need help in every possible way. Also let me know if any additional info required.
3 REPLIES 3
david5337_1
Regular Advisor

Re: SAN Cluster on Windows 2000 file servers

You would check the programe which use more resource when the server utilization is about 90%.
Do you mean that you can't see the second node can't see the disk resource when the first server load is very heavy?You can only see the cluster disk resource when the resource group is active on this server.
You should check the HBA driver and event log.
Adam_88
Occasional Advisor

I have multiple Win2K clusters with MSA1000 and DL380G3. I encountered a problem a while back where the cluster logical drives would go offline. The problem was caused by a known Windows 2K bug where Windows loses the logical drive (e.g. P:). This bug was fixed in Win2K SP4.
I recommend that you install SP4 on all your cluster servers
sandeep_22

Hi,

All my cluster servers are installed with SP4 & only the one mentioned here seems to be having problem. At times I have disabled MCafee & Backup exec agents & than the utilization comes down which is fine. I am just not sure why resources go offline or why I get "can not authenticate" error in event viewer. I have to than do manual failover of the affected node on the other node & than reboot it.The HBA driver is just fine with latest update.