108757 Solutions
New Discussion

SAN MSA1000 SANSurfer Express not launch

AGGBU
Occasional Advisor

SAN MSA1000 SANSurfer Express not launch

Hi, 

We have this hardware: 

SAN: HP StorageWords Modular Smart Array 1000 with Fibre Channel I/O Module.
MSA (MSA1000, 2 controllers) <-> SWITCH <-> HBA: SERVIDOR (ML350 G5)

When we load SANSurfer Express software to manage MSA 1000, results this error message:

"The application cannot run. No storage susbsytem was detected. Other SANsurfer Express instance is active on the SAN"

SANSurfer.PNG

We have restarted SAN and servers and message is still displaying.

We can assign and manage storage fron HP ACU but not from SANsurfer express.

Thanks in advance to everyone who will read and comment this post.

Best regards.

2 REPLIES 2
Shawn_K
HPE Pro

Re: SAN MSA1000 SANSurfer Express not launch

Hello,

The MSA1000 was never tested, configured, or designed to work with SANSurfer. You will need to stick with HP ACU (CPQACU) to manage the array.

Also, just so you are aware. THE MSA1000 went End of Life January 21, 2004. I would be very cautious about putting data on that system unless you have a good backup running often. You are likely going to have a hard time getting SCSI hard drives for the system which will limit your ability to add spares if a drive fails.

Cheers,
Shawn

I work for Hewlett Packard Enterprise. The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from HPE. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

AGGBU
Occasional Advisor

Re: SAN MSA1000 SANSurfer Express not launch

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.  I know that MSA1000 is out of oficcial support.

As you say, I manage the array with HP ACU tool, but we also have managed the array with SANSurfer. 

Due to error message received with SANSurfer tool, I have reviewed how can I check processes running on MSA1000 but I cann´t connect to it or I don´t know how to be sure that there isn´t another instance of this tool running on the SAN (we have restarted the SAN and the servers and obtains the same error). Any other idea to solve it?

Thanks in advance to everyone who will read and comment this post.

Best regards.