MSA Storage
1752805 Members
5483 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SAN temperature

mark.casemore

SAN temperature

I have an ongoing problem with an MSA1000, the event viewer of the server (Windows 2003) connected to the SAN is filling up with errors, the error is as follows:

Sensor 1 of External Storage System on Port 0, Box 1 of the Array Controller \Device\FibreArray0, HBA Slot 6, Chassis: 0000JN7200 is reporting the internal temperature has exceed the preset limit. The controller may attempt to shut down power to the storage device and/or spin down the installed disk drives.

Almost every piece of hardware on the SAN has been replaced, the firmware has been upgraded and the server has the latest HBA drivers. Has anyone else had this issue, if so, how did you over come it. The SAN is directly connected to the server using the I/O module, bangalore have since told me this is not supported, but then they have told me alot of other stuff and am not sure whether to believe them (a collegue has an ongoing call regarding RDP with bangalore, and after a month have told him that dynamic disks are not supported)

Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Andy_Stor
Valued Contributor

Hi Mark,

Could you attch the tech_support output from the MSA CLI.
-Also the ADU report

Has the Firmware of the MSA controller been updated??
- Is there any additional enclosure connected to the MSA1000.

Andy
mark.casemore

Just getting the diags report now.

Thanks.
mark.casemore

Tried to run the diagnostics utility and it fails to run, I must say that the SAN is hosted on a non HP server, not sure if this is the prob.
mark.casemore

Report just took an age to run, thought it was an issue with the server, cheers.