Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMART Status of Storage Disks

timmi
Occasional Contributor

SMART Status of Storage Disks

Hallo Forum,

I have two MSA 60 connected to a E500 Controller. I have a ASUS Server with Ubunut 10.04.

Is it possible to get the SMART Status of the Disks in the Storage?

with kind regards

P.S. This thread has been moved from General to Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Small and Medium Business). - Hp Forum MOderator

3 REPLIES 3
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: SMART Status of Storage Disks

Hi, 

smart needs direct access (JBOD) to the disks.

As the disks are behind the E500 controller (doesn't help if you make each of them a RAID0) you don't have direct access.

You can however get information about the disks via hpadu.

timmi
Occasional Contributor

Hallo,

one time i executed the hpacu but i could not interprete the log file. It was many MBs big.

Thanks

with kind regards

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

hpacu - array configuration utility - with the tool hpacucli or the gui hpacu you can query the controller for status and information and also make changes to the array configuration (arrays, logical drives, etc).

hpadu - array diagnostic utility - this generates a report that is quite hard to figure out yes.

However at the start of the report and in some places it can tell you of problems.

In the section "Monitor and Performance Statistics" you can find some information that might be equivalent ot the smart statuses. For example the "Read Errors Hard" and "Write Errors Hard".