cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

San environment

Sean McMurtry
Occasional Visitor

San environment

In which san environment can you install a MSA1000 with an embedded san switch 2/8.
Am new in the game and willing to learn and help.
Thanks
Sean
2 REPLIES 2

Re: San environment

It depends on little things, like: the firmware version on the MSA1000, the firmware version on the embedded san switch 2/8, what OS you want to use, what version of the OS, what other switches you might have, the firmware version on those switches....

I would suggest taking a long look at the SAN Design Guide. Start with chapter 10 "MSA storage system rules" (and chapter 5, "B-Series switches and fabric rules", and all of part "I. Architecture": http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&locale=en_US&docIndexId=179911&taskId=101&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=406734

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

James Muell
Valued Contributor

Re: San environment

The current MSA1000 switch modules firmware is 3.2.1c. This is quite old but is listed as the approved version. It works fine with Brocade fw version 4.x - 6.1