5089 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Searching for OID for monitoring HP P2000 G3

MarcelB
Visitor

Searching for OID for monitoring HP P2000 G3

Hi There,

There are several items in this forum with the same question but no really solution. I also want to monitor my MSA, in my case with AutoTask Endpoint Management (RMM, AEM).

SNMP is succesfully working. I have searched with SNMP tester, SNMP Walk, etc. I can perform succesfull requests. For example the hostname has OID .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.5.0.  Bu I am uanble to find more needed info. The overal Health status, array status, disks, etc. I would like to monitor that.

Another example: OID .1.3.6.1.3.94.1.8.1.6.80.12.15.241.172.246.192.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.1 gives the value "On-Board Temperature 1-Ctlr A: 53 C 127.40F", but I just want 53 C so that I can use tresholds to create tickets.

I have looked into the MIB files that you can download but none of the items in the MIB will point me to the correct OID's.

Has somebody got this working? AEM Support cant help since the do not have the OID's.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Shawn_K
HPE Pro

Re: Searching for OID for monitoring HP P2000 G3

Hello,

OIDs are defined in the SNMP MIB file which are sort of a 'codebook" for SNMP traps. By supplying the MIB files you have the second half of the OIDs. The first half of an OID is standard established "RFC" MIBs used worldwide.

Cheers,
Shawn

I work for Hewlett Packard Enterprise. The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from HPE. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

MarcelB
Visitor

Re: Searching for OID for monitoring HP P2000 G3

Shawn,

I have downloaded the MIB files here:

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_3f061bd4c08a4dbd977bf4a51d&swEnvOid=2025

The RFC file called RFC1213 helpt me a bit. But in that MIB I cannot find RAID informatie (OID).

In the other files when opening them with Paessler MIB importer no OID are found. It won't import them.

Do you have other suggestions?