7565 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Secure Path Netware - path verification

Jason Gaffney
Occasional Advisor

Secure Path Netware - path verification

Hello,

I am trying to setup SP with an MSA1000 and two netware 6.5 sp6 servers. I have installed the SP software on the server and the GUI on a windows box. I am having troubles enabling "Path Verification" and "Auto Failback"

Per the manual it says I must change these values from the default values (disabled) to enabled.
But there is no option to change these values anywhere. There is no option on via the HPQSPAGT.NLM on the server or in the GUI.

Can anyone tell me how I am suppose to change these values?

Thank you.
2 REPLIES 2
Jason Gaffney
Occasional Advisor

Re: Secure Path Netware - path verification

After some digging this may be related.

In my startup.ncf it loads the ql2x00.ham and also the ql2300.ham.

I can load one of these but not the other. The ql2300 was added by the SP install, so maybe that's why I can' make changes??

I can load either of these modules by themself, but if one is loaded the other will fail. I'm a bit confused on what each is for. I realize the ql2x00.ham is for my HBA, but what is the ql2300 for? If the ql2300 is loaded without the ql2x00 I have no communication with the SAN.
Jason Gaffney
Occasional Advisor

Re: Secure Path Netware - path verification

Problem solved:

Turns out it was a driver issue.

The driver that ships with SP (ql2300) didn't work with my HBA, but loading the correct driver ql2x00 with it's defaults
load ql2x00 /slot = 4 wasn't enough. Loading the ql2x00 with the switches the ql2300 was trying to load did the trick.

load ql2x00 /portdown=2 /luns /allpaths/ /portnames slot =4

Once I loaded it that way everything was enbaled and working.

Hope this helps someone.