3252 Online
108762 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Serial number of MSA 2000 enclosure

Chris W_1
Occasional Contributor

Serial number of MSA 2000 enclosure

Hi,

Can anyone tell me where to find the serial number of an MSA2000 enclosure. Apparently our support people need this in order to replace a couple of disks but its surrounded in the rack on all four sides and I cannot see this on the gui.

thanks

chris
4 REPLIES 4
FUBARLIVESAGAIN

I am having the same issue. Anybody have an answer to this question?

Thanks
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

I was intrigued about this myself and found the following:

There is a model and serial number with a bar code sticker on the TOP of this unit.  Rather poor placement as this not typically a unit that can extend out of the rack.  I could not locate this number in the web based SMU nor the CLI outputs.

I also found a SN listed on the back under the right power supply.  In comparing this to the SMU I found this SN refers to the "Configuration SN" and can be seen in the FRU section under the Advanced Settings.  In comparing this to the CLI outputs this SN is for the mid-plane.

-Bob

----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!
AnkitM
Trusted Contributor

This is a cosmetic issue and does not cause any other problems. Verify both the show frus command in CLI and the logs display the serial number.

If it does not please, run below commands from CLI:

-          restart mc both to restart the management controller

-          Check GUI Enclosure View and verify if it shows the Details

-          If not, run rescan command and then run show fru command to check the status and details of the Enclosure.

-          If it is still showing Empty or NA in GUI view you may check the same after upgrading it to the latest firmware.

Remember this is just, is a cosmetic issue and does not cause any other problems.

Was your question answered correctly? If so, please remember to mark your question Answered when you get the correct answer and award KUDOS! to the person providing the answer. This helps others searching for a similar issue.
Leo A. Hollinden
Occasional Contributor

If you go to the GUI and go to system.  If you hover your mouse over the 1, a box will come up with the midplane serial number on it.