1753543 Members
5399 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Storage Mirroring evaluation license problem

BR711326
Occasional Advisor

Storage Mirroring evaluation license problem

I'm using the last Storage Mirroring version from the web. Installed for a demo, the failover monitor scripts on one server stop working and I deleted/reinstalled the SM on that system. After that, the EVALUATION license code is not valid any more.

I need the license for a couple of days more and now I guess that must reinstall the whole server again.

Is there any way to reset the license check and be able to use the EVAL license again? It should last for 60 days and in my case it was only 12 hours.

Thanks in advance
antonio
2 REPLIES 2
BR711326
Occasional Advisor

SOLUTION:

In SM host properties, the system that works gives a numeric value for the evaluation license. In the other, the output is the word "EVALUATION".
Just copy the numeric value from the first and paste in for the second one ... Apply and OK!!

enjoy
BR711326
Occasional Advisor

Another issue with SM on Windows 2003 R2 SP1.
The EVALUATION license is seen as invalid and there is no way to use SM. The key field is gray and you can't insert any license for the product (even the good one).
Is this because we have installed many times the product in the same box? Don't know.

I didn't found a solution or root cause, but there is a workarround:

- install W2000 on a server
- install SM with EVALUATION license (here is OK)
- check the properties page up to the license, the system trnaslated that to a number (16 chars.).
- copy that number and use it where prompted to inser the key (instaed EVALUATION). It workrd for me.