New Discussion юеВ

Supercap Replacement

SOLVED
Go to solution
tapelibraryfixr
Trusted Contributor

Supercap Replacement

Hi

i recently had a an error appear in the gui.

turns out the supercap is at 70%. i replaced it, but it still shows as having 70% charge.

Does it do a learn cycle after a certain amount of time or can i tell it too?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
sbhat09
HPE Pro

Re: Supercap Replacement

Hello @tapelibraryfixr,

Are you seeing this on GUI? Probably it is still showing 70% level due to cached information. After 24-48 hours of replacing the supercap, please run a fresh healthcheck from CLI and see the charge level.

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of the company.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Shawn_K
HPE Pro

@tapelibraryfixr 

First - the Supercap on the MSA is not a replaceable FRU. If you replaced it as stated, it might not be the correct part for the system.

You did not mention which MSA array you are having an issue. Depending on the model and firmware version the fix may be in upgrading to the lastest version. We have had some issues on specific models where a false message is displayed. Upgrading to the latest version corrects the message.

There is no learn cycle nor can you initiate any action on the SuperCap.

I work for Hewlett Packard Enterprise. The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from HPE. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.

Cheers,
Shawn

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

ArunKKR
HPE Pro

Hi,

Could you confirm the MSA model (ex: P2000 G3, MSA 2040 etc) and current firmware version?

Please execute the following commands to verify the array basic health status:

show system

show controllers

Check the event logs for any alerts related to low charge on supercap.

These events usually appear just after a storage controller restart.

As Shawn mentioned supercap is not a replaceable part and entire controller needs to be replaced for any supercap related hardware issues.

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

tapelibraryfixr
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Hi

Thanks all, is was from a 2040, i hadnt had a configuration on it so factory defaulting reset the counter.

Prabha_Sengar
HPE Pro

Hi @tapelibraryfixr,

Thank you for the update.
I hope the issue has been fixed now but in case you have any concerns please feel free to reach out to us.

Regards,

Prabha

I am an HPE Employee
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Accept or Kudo