1752785 Members
6331 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Swapping out a failed MSA2324sa AJ807A controller with a used one

CTurrellNB
Occasional Visitor

Swapping out a failed MSA2324sa AJ807A controller with a used one

Hi folks. We have a pair of MSA2324sa's in a small testing lab which are out of support. 

Both are active and running with separate disk configurations, however we no longer require the second one anymore. 

On the MSA we hope to keep a little longer, the primary AJ807a A controller has failed, and needs to be replaced. It is currently operating only on the B controller. 

Is it safe to take to take the storage controller from the unit we plan to shut down and install it into the one we are keeping ? Both have the same code and firmware versions. 

Do we need to clear any caches / configuration on the controller from the other unit before installing it into the other active chassis? 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Swapping out a failed MSA2324sa AJ807A controller with a used one

If there is no valid data currently stored on the array from where you want to remove controller, you delete the volumes and vdisks first, then run the factory restore defaults command. I would then power down the system correctly and remove all power cords. This will flush all the buffers.

You can use command "restore defaults"

Then you can move one of this controller to the working system. Better to do this in downtime and after movement update firmware to same code what Controller B was already running.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I am an HPE employee

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo