4703 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Switch 2/16-EL Password Problem

Shawn_102
Occasional Contributor

Switch 2/16-EL Password Problem

Hello,

I currently upgraded my firmware versions on 4 different 2/16-EL switches. I set the admin password and can telnet to the switch without a problem. My problem is when I connect through a web browser. I click on the admin button, and a username and password window pops up. I put in the current admin password and it gives message "Error: Failed to load certificate" I never got this before. It is the same for all four switches. their current firmware version is v3.1.2. Java version is 1.4.2_03(build 1.4.2_03-b02) IE is 6.0sp1

I attaced a screen shot of the login error

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Ole Thomsen
Frequent Advisor

I've seen that on different Java-versions.

Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE 1.4.1_04 works for me.

Ole
Shawn_102
Occasional Contributor

I tried changing to version 1.4.2_04 and I get this in my Java Console:

"Could not verify Certificate with Root CA
Could not extract Public Key"

I tried 1.4.2_05 & _06 and there was no change.

Funny thing is I can click on the Zone Admin button on the bottom left and it allows me to enter the Admin password without error.
IT Response
Esteemed Contributor

Were you able to resolve this issue?
If so how?

Thanks,

Shawn_102
Occasional Contributor

I was told by HP support that they have had problems with the version I am running. They want me to upgrade to the latest. I have yet to test this because we only do updates four times a year. So I will have to wait and see after that, which wont be till February. Sorry. Perhaps you could try and let me know if it does work?
Shawn_102
Occasional Contributor

sorry, I menat the updated version of firmware on the Switch. we are currently using v3.1.2. not 100% what the latest version is.