1748265 Members
3588 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: System Hangs When SecurePath is Installed

Brian Turcotte

System Hangs When SecurePath is Installed

Good evening,

We currently have a Windows 2003 server with dual QLogic QL2340 cards (with the FCA2214 drivers and firmware installed). Prior to installing SecurePath, the server shows four separate drives from the SAN. However, after installing SecurePath and attempting a reboot, the system hangs at the 2K3 splash screen. If we reboot and start with Last Known Good Configuration, the server boots and we can at least uninstall SecurePath. We are using version 4.0c of the program. Can anybody help me try to determine why the boot is hanging?

Also, we have an EVA 5000 SAN system. Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Brian:

Make sure you have the latest HBA drives installed. Also, I suggest you disconnect the fibre Channel HBA's while installing Secure Path. After installed, reboot to confirm the box is ok. Then shut down, connect the fibre cables and boot up again. See what happens then. If the same thing, then you may need an update for Secure Path. I believe it is up to 4.0c SP2. You should probably grab it and make it part of the process.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
gurdeep_2
Frequent Advisor

I had this exact problem, if you boot up in safe mode, it hangs on acpitbl.bat file

Here's what I did after rebuilding ONE of my test servers and was able to go into Last Known Good Configuration to uninstall QLogic drivers...

1) Install WS2003-SP1 or Win2k-SP4
2) Install Secure Path 4.0C-SP2-1
a) Choose option to upgrade current version of Secure Path.
b) When installing Secure Path 4.0C-SP2-1, be sure to choose No Support for XP/EV arrays.
c) After reboot, go to Start, Programs, Secure Path, SecurePathCfg and click on Password button and enter the password you choose for Secure Path
d) Then go to Start, Programs, Secure Path, spmgr. Once DOS box opens up, enter spmgr passwd ├в password├в (where password = the secure path client password).
3) Upgrade QLogic fibre card drivers to
Windows 2003 Server: QLogic 9.1.0.18 HBA Storport Driver
Windows 2000 Server: 9.1.0.13

Hope that helps... gurdeep
zizu ThaCat

We had this exact problem, if you boot up in safe mode, it hangs on acpitbl.bat file

Here's what We did after to get a proliant DL380G3 w2k3 sp1 with fca2214 HBA's to storport 9.1.0.18

Update securepath 4.0 to SP2 !!

en evrything works well . Tanx for the Tip