4832 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Temperature Status on MSA Enclosures

gordonc75
Occasional Visitor

Temperature Status on MSA Enclosures

Hi all,
We had a temperature 'incident' recently and evrything worked perfectly, all servers shut down and temperature status on our MSA 1000 and MSA 30 went to failed.
The temperature is now back to normal but the Systems management (and red light on the enclosure) still indicate a failed temperature status.
How does this get cleared without restarting the enclosure?
I have cleared all log entries in the integrated management log.

thanks
Gordon
3 REPLIES 3
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

The MSA1000 controller 'remembers' the errors and the fault LED on the OPC is red as long as there are unseen error messagess, even if the current message does not show an error.

You can use the UP and DOWN buttons on the OPC to scroll through the messages. If you want to delete the current message, press the LEFT and RIGHT buttons together.
gordonc75
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for your response that has helped with the red lights on the controllers. Within the HP Systems Management Home Page and within event viewer the temperature status is still being listed as failed.
In the system event log the message is:
Source: Storage Agents
Event ID: 1189
Description:
Storage System Temperature Status Change. An enclosure attached to port 1 of storage system "SGM064475P" has a new temperature status of 5. The enclosure model is "PROLIANT 4L7I DB".
(Temperature status values: 1=other, 2=noTemp, 3=ok, 4=degraded, 5=failed)

Although I have other methods of checking the temp in the server room, it does hide the fact of other failures from the systems management homepage.
Oliver Behrs

Hi there,

we have the same problem with a MSA 30
After 'pasteurizing' and recooling our Serverroom the Temperature Status keeps degraded. The OPC massages are cleared, but SMH still showes on all connected Servers:

Vendor : COMPAQ
Temperature Status: Degraded
Model: PROLIANT 4LEE
Fan Status: OK
Serial Number: 8A18FXXXXX
Power Supply Status: OK
Firmware Revision: JB4F
Speed: Ultra3
Board Revision: 32
Drive Bays: 14
Version: 4
Duplex Option: Not Duplexed