2696 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Trouble with Firmware-Upgrade of P2000 G3 from TS220R004 to TS250R023

inti
Advisor

Trouble with Firmware-Upgrade of P2000 G3 from TS220R004 to TS250R023

Hi,

I'm constantly running into trouble with upgrading the Controller Firmware of an P2000 G3 MSA from Version TS220R004 to TS250R023 at a customers Site.

First off all, I tried upgrading via the Web-GUI, which I did in the past. There I'll get the Error, that Upgrading is only supported via FTP for this release. The Instructions don't state that: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=0&prodSeriesId=4118559&swItem=MTX-d9b6f0ffc1c04548ba1d8bfc5c&prodNameId=4118572&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=13&taskId=135&mode=4&idx=1, but I guess it might be because my release is rather old.

So I enabled FTP and Telnel and tried the smart component next, which actually started the firmware upgrade on one controller. However at some point it failed (it took several hours to that point) with a final error message like "Version mismatch". I found an article somewhere, stating that only manual update via FTP works in such a case. I attached the log.

So I tried FTP next, but ran into trouble, that active FTP seems not possible with the Standard Microsoft Client:

ftp> put TS250R023.bin flash
502 Active FTP not allowed.
425 No data connection

There were some Tips about using quote passive the sth like that, but thet proved to be the wrong direction as this is a server setting.

I then stumbled upon the hit to use bin before the put command but that didn't help either.

I tried using WinSCP in CLI Mode as well, which allows me to use passive mode and actually transfer the bin file to the storage (via 'put *firmwarefile*'), but as soon as I try 'put *firmwarefile* flash' it fails with the error, that the data connection cannot be opened.

I'm now running out of Ideas.

Is it somehow possible to initiate the Upgrade via telnet once I have transferred the bin-file via ftp ?

Or do I need an intermediate upgrade to an TS230Rxxx or TS240Rxxx Version ?

Regards,

inti

P.S. This thread has been moved from ProLiant Storage Systems to Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Small and Medium Business). - Hp Forum Moderator

2 REPLIES 2
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

What does

CLI> show versions

show now?

Do you have any firewall on your PC or a firewall between you and your array?

I always use FTP (windows build in), never had such problems.

Make sure partner update is diabled, make sure no firewall between.

ftp the file again, watch the output.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
turtlewex
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

did you make progress with this?

Was it to do with your browser version? 

Thanks,

Colin