1752742 Members
5261 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Two Disk groups

CA1367821

Two Disk groups

We have an EVA 5000 with two disk groups. The first disk group "Disk_Group1" contains Disks of 72GB size 60 disks) with Vdisks0 and vdisk1 and vdisk5. The other disk group "Disk_Group2" contains 22 of 136GB disks.
The level of protection for the first disk group (72GB HD) is two while the level of protection of the second disk group (136GB) is one.

I want to replace the 72GB Hardisks with new 136GB disks so I can increase the space I have for the hosts connected with Disk_Group1.

The steps I will be doing is to ungroup one 72GB disk at a time, locate that disk, and remove it physically, then insert a 136GB disk physically into the enclosure, then Group it with disk group1.
Wait for the leveling process to finish and start the process again.

Is there any thing else that I have to do other than the above steps? Is there a better way to do it?

Iyad
3 REPLIES 3
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: Two Disk groups

I would group at least two new disks (in two different enclosures) at a time. After everything has finished, I suggest you check the RSS state of your disk group.
CA1367821

Am I going to be able to change also the quorum disks in the default Disk group? Is there any other measures to be taken for these Quorum disks?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Iyad
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

The EVA will care about the quorum disks on its own. Their existence is pretty well hidden and I have never heard that the user as any control over it - well, except for physical moving one.