MSA Storage
1748163 Members
3724 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Vdisk scrub complete, 1 error(s) found

Martin Landolt

Vdisk scrub complete, 1 error(s) found

I have a MSA2012i with an attached enclosure and it keeps telling me (every 50 minute):

Critical 2008-10-11 19:39:42 207 A210566 Vdisk scrub complete, 1 error(s) found (Vdisk: VDISK1, SN: 00c0ffd53ae6004881428f4800000000)

All the time on the same disk.

What is this 'Vdisk scrub complete' ?
What is the error?
What is to do to avoid this error?
7 REPLIES 7
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Vdisk Scrubbing is a process to check the RAID integrity.
I don't see information in the event to answer the other 2 questions. I'd check the details of the Vdisk in the web GUI whether it contains useful data.
Martin Landolt

I started a Vdisk verification overnight and it reports:

C 10-14 16:30:06 21 A210633 Vdisk verification failed, error code 1. 1 error(s) found (Vdisk: VDISK1, SN: 00c0ffd53ae6004881428f4800000000)

For me it seems to be a hardware problem with some of the drives.
This Vdisk has 4 drives 146 GB SAS and contains two volumes. Do I have to replace all four drives or is it possible to narrow down the problem?
SWAP
Advisor

We are also facing same issue with MSA 2012fc:
EC : 207
Mesage: Vdisk scrub complete, 1 error(s) found (Vdisk: SAN-DISK-02, SN: 00c0ffd55f2500489539874800000000)

Is it any Hardware related error?
Do we need to plan for contingency?
SWAP
Advisor

Hello all,

please give some reply. 

Sve_panayotov

I am experiencing the same issue on a VLS9000 system, and I am unable to trace down the reason, "verify fix" has been executed on both Vdisks , showing the error, and have finished without reporting any error, but the same one as from the beginning. However, verify fix is more oriented to check the data already written on the Vdisk, and in my particular case, the storage pool is still empty, since this is new installation. I did noticed that the first posts on the them are quite old, any information, how did you got this issue resolved in the past can be of help. Thank you in advance

DCESstorage
Occasional Advisor

We had similar error when we recently had power-event.

Scrubbed 4-5 times, got the error during very early stages of scrubbing.

After 4-5 scrubs, now the error is gone. Must be BBR (Bad Block Replacement) or something..

Things stable now.

Thx

Sebastian.Koehler
Honored Contributor

Perform a full backup of the filesystem and verify if it completes without any errors related to specific files. If the backup reports failed files, the Vdisk may be inconsistent and should be rebuild and data restored afterwards.

Another possible reason may be invalid references in the Vdisk metadata. Only an overwrite of corrupted area will resolve such pointer to nowhere. Had something similar on EMC CLARiiON once...

Regards.
Sebastian