108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Very very basic StorageWorks 2200 question

Jay Nichols
Occasional Contributor

Very very basic StorageWorks 2200 question

Hi all,
Sorry for this being so basic.
We have been passed a StorageWorks 2200 with two SANSwitch 16 Fibre switches from another dept. Issue is they cannot find the software for it and the old server has been blanked down and re-used.
This will be going on to a Win2003 server. I only need one big drive made up from the array as it will be used for backups. I have attached a dual fibre card to the server, arrays connected to switch and Cache box, links are up both switches are up and local external IP's entered in to the switch.
My question is what software do I need for
A. Windows to see this new array.
B. To Set up the Array / dual path it etc.
Thanks.
J
4 REPLIES 4
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Jay:

Look here...

" http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/storageworks/acs/platformsolutionkits/index.html "

...for ACS platform kits. The latest should have all the software you need to get the server to talk to the array and software to set the array up.

After that, you can update drivers and such.

If you have the gray serial cable that comes with the 2200 shelf, you can use hyperterm to configue the array and get it functional.

Then you just need drivers.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Jay Nichols
Occasional Contributor

Steve,

Thanks for this, I have been trying to find this all day :(. I was looking under 2200 and not the HSG.
I do have the grey serial cable so I will drive in tommorow.
Any issues I should be looking for? I will just create one big array with the storage I have.
Jay Nichols
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

I have the unit up cleaned all the old config out and setup one Virtual Disk. In WIn2003 it sees this as 4 disks. I have installed SecurePath, which, I thought was the issue. If I try to format the disks it fails. As a point the drivers are microsoft drivers, is this correct?

Thanks Again
Jason
James Muell
Valued Contributor

Jay, I dont know this system but if you try seeing the disk with just one HBA connected you may be able to see the correct disk and format it. Afterward you can add in the other connection and you should be fine. thats my 2cents! good luck jm