cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

W2008 (x64) support as management server for EVA4400

PJJ De Mol
Occasional Visitor

W2008 (x64) support as management server for EVA4400

Is it really, really true that HP only supports a five year old OS for management of their state of the art storage systems?

No support for W2008 (x64) as management server?

3 REPLIES 3
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: W2008 (x64) support as management server for EVA4400

Correct. The latest compatibility reference from last week confirms this, again.

What is the problem with W2003?
PJJ De Mol
Occasional Visitor

Well, it is a new deployment and the guys implementing the backup (Netvault, bakbone) solution kind of recommended W2008 (x64) (x64 being the important part, as the server has >4Gb memory).

Seems now that W2003 (x64) would be better, although I heard somewhere that installation will still be difficult (ie smartstart might choke as well on it).

Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Some weeks ago, I've put CV-EVA V8 on two W2003 x64 boxes. Somebody thought it was a good idea to use the HP offer of two 'Storage Servers', sigh.

Well, the installation went OK, although I did not use SmartStart EVA (I have not needed it in the past 7 years, 11 month ;-) - just ran the .EXE to install V8.0 and then upgrade to 8.0.2.

OK, I did spend some time to upgrade the SmartArray driver first, then storport.sys and then the FC-adapter driver, but I am not sure if SmartStart understands all the dependencies or comes with the latest ones.