1753689 Members
5182 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

What are the methods to find SSDs?

dangar
Occasional Advisor

What are the methods to find SSDs?

Hello.  Our shop has over 500 phyical servers.  What are the methods we could use to find these SSDs?  OneView's reports don't seem to help.  iLO shows the model numbers, so is there a script to poll our servers for the affected disks?  Are some other ways?

Thanks,
Dan

5 REPLIES 5
SahanaR
HPE Pro

Re: Critical Firmware Upgrade Required For Certain MSA SAS Solid State Drive (SSD) Models

Hi,

If you are looking to find the models of SSDs installed on MSA,we can check that from the GUI and also by the CLI commands.

But i think you are talking about drives installed in servers as you mentioned 500 physical servers.

Please confirm so i could provide detailed information if the SSD drives are installed in MSA storage.

Thanks

Sahana@R
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
dangar
Occasional Advisor

Re: Critical Firmware Upgrade Required For Certain MSA SAS Solid State Drive (SSD) Models

yep, I'm looking for these disks installed in servers and DAS.  I am just now realizing I'm in the wrong forum.  I just got excited to see someone talking about this issue and was hoping to find a way to actually find the disks that need updating.  

Sorry.
Dan

Shawn_K
HPE Pro

Hello,

The advisory for the server's for this SSD family can be found at this link: https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-a00092491en_us

There is also instructions for how to find this model using SSA.

Cheers,
Shawn

I work for Hewlett Packard Enterprise. The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from HPE. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

dangar
Occasional Advisor

Shawn,

Thanks for the link, however, the link shows how the SSA can tell you how long the SSD's have been running, not help find these SSDs in an environment.  If OneView can't do it, there's got to be a script that polls the iLOs...  

Thanks,

Dan

Cali
Honored Contributor

Re: What are the methods to find SSDs?

We have checked it in our ERP System to find the affected Servers and Storage Systems.
Our Accounting needs only a minute fo find them.

ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.