1752800 Members
5777 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Where is Volume IQN on MSA 2012i iscsi

BSavage
Occasional Contributor

Where is Volume IQN on MSA 2012i iscsi

New to MSA, read and absorbed what I can of the documentation. My other SAN IBM DS300 has an iqn assigned for each volume. This is used as a target for my Qlogic HBA's.

I created a new volume, and there is an iqn for the monitor>advanced settings>host port status. I see iqn for the port, but what about for a volume? am I supposed to target the port? How does the HBA know what LUN then? am I supposed to suffix the volume name after the host iqn? I made that up.

Any help is extremely appreciated. I can't attach to my MSA. Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
oschad

Re: Where is Volume IQN on MSA 2012i iscsi

To address each volume you select different LUNs not different iSCSI addresses (IQN). Each controller has a seperate IQN, iqn.some-date.something.a for controller A, iqn.some-date.something.b for controller B.

Use this addresses and select the right LUN for the volume you want to connect to.
David Newman

Re: Where is Volume IQN on MSA 2012i iscsi

How to select a LUN from the initiator side? I'm having the same problem with an MSA2012i.

Initiators running on WIndows 7, FreeBSD 9.1, and VMware ESXi 5.1 only see something like this, not a volume or LUN:

iqn.1986-03.com.hp:storage.msa2012i.0801d12345.a

Connecting to this iqn is possible, but it only shares the enclosure, not any volumes. Packet captures from all three OSs show the same thing: This is the only iqn advertised in response to the iSCSI SendTargets=All command.

Thanks in advance for help with connecting to this device.