1752790 Members
6119 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: XCS V5.11 Firmware "Bug"?

Kent Meagher
Occasional Advisor

XCS V5.11 Firmware "Bug"?

I have a customer who had both controllers on his EVA8K go down because HP told him there was a тАЬknown bugтАЭ in his XCS V5.11 firmware that incorrectly handles some hardware failure. Reportedly, both controllers go down because they're each waiting for each other to come back and take control. At the time of the incident HP support told him to reboot the controllers, doing this cleared out the logs and now he do not know what hardware failed.
He'd like to replace the offending hardware. Is there a customer advisory out? Any summary of V5.11 firmware bug reports? Should he also upgrade to V6.0?
Thanks,
Kent
3 REPLIES 3
eis1953
Advisor

Kent,
I assume your customer has HP support with this new EVA, why don't you have the customer call for support and ask them? Somtimes I don't understand why folks use this forum for SEV 1 type issues, How tos I fully understand.
gurdeep_2
Frequent Advisor

I agree, how old is hte EVA8k? Is it in LIVE Production use? It definitely should have some sort of warranty, 24x7, 4 hour response time... warranty at some level.
800-633-3600, is one of the public support #s that I dial.
Kent Meagher
Occasional Advisor

Thank you both for your responses. I agree, this is not the appropriate forum for the questions I posed.

Kent