108809 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: cant connect to smu san hp p2000

SOLVED
Go to solution
rezabruce1988
Advisor

cant connect to smu san hp p2000

hello. i have san hp p2000 but i have not password so i ressetfactory by serial cable  and now i cant see gui web base to config it

11 REPLIES 11

Looks like IP address got back to factory default. Please find below information,

"

Each controller has the following factory-default IP settings:
• DHCP: enabled
• Controller A IP address: 10.0.0.2
• Controller B IP address: 10.0.0.3
• IP subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
• Gateway IP address: 10.0.0.1
When DHCP is enabled, the following initial values are set and remain set until the system is able to contact a DHCP server for new addresses.
• Controller A IP address: 10.0.0.2
• Controller B IP address: 10.0.0.3
• IP subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
• Gateway IP address: 0.0.0.0
To switch a controller from DHCP addressing to static addressing, you must set the IP address, netmask, and gateway values.

"

You can verify the IP address from Serial access as well.

You can refer CLI guides to get necessary commands.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

***********************************************************************************

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
rezabruce1988
Advisor

i connect to san by serial  and set ip address....i can ping san ip address and when i connect to san with fast ethernet i cant config by web base or gui san

Are you able to open SMU with new IP or not?

If you are able to open SMU from both controllers and provide user id/password then what error you get? If possible provide screenshot

Are you able to SSH to both controllers with new IP? if not what error you get. Plase provide screenshot

Can you please explain with more details about this "when i connect to san with fast ethernet i cant config by web base or gui san" ?

Did you tried rebooting controllers?

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

***********************************************************************************

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
rezabruce1988
Advisor

when i connect to san by fast ethernet i can ping san ip address but when i type san ip address in my browser i cant see web base gui config 

If you are able to ping IP then there is no issue with management access of the MSA controllers. It could be issue with something else like Web browser or your management system.

Are you able to SSH or telnet to both controllers with new IP? if not what error you get. Plase provide screenshot

Did you tried with different browsers?

Did you tried different system or Laptops?

Did you tried connecting your Laptop directly to management port of the controller?

Did you tried by restarting controllers?

Did you checked which Controller firmware version both controllers running from Serial console? If required update firmware with the help of FTP method

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
rezabruce1988
Advisor

i test with different laptop and different browsers and  show error=  "unable to connect"

i set 192.168.2.100 on controller a and 192.168.2 gateway but controller b has not any ip address 

how i can restart controller and how i find out firmware didnot remove?
how i can find out firmware controller by cli command

Kindly follow the rest of the steps I have mentioned below,

Try to assign new IP to Controller B as well and check access. Need to confirm if same issue on both controllers ?

Are you able to SSH or telnet to both controllers with new IP? if not what error you get. Plase provide screenshot 

Did you tried connecting your Laptop directly to management port of the controller?

Did you tried by restarting controllers?

Did you checked which Controller firmware version both controllers running from Serial console? If required update firmware with the help of FTP method. There could be some known issue which may get fix by latest firmware

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
rezabruce1988
Advisor

my san has a one controller and i set ip address on controller a  10.0.0.1 and netmask 255.255.255.0 gateway 0.0.0.0 
but i  can ping controller a with my laptop via fast ethernet  but i cant tellnet to controller a . i turn off firewall and turn on telnet on my windows(windows10).   my error is    "connecting To 10.0.0.1...... couil not open connection to the host  , on port 23:connect failed"

Solution

Can you please provide the below command output,

# show protocols

You can also check if http, https, telnet and SSH enabled or not. If not then we need to enable it 

# set protocols http enabled https enabled telnet enabled ssh enabled

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo