cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e1200-160 device indexing/mapping for HP-UX connectivity

david_864
Occasional Advisor

e1200-160 device indexing/mapping for HP-UX connectivity

What is the proper device ordering when indexing an e1200-160 that is SAN connected to HP-UX 11.3 Servers? Is it AF, then
Changer, then Device 0, then Device 1 ?

Should I Clear the map and change from bus target to target bus then fill the map?

I have not been able to find any docs internally or externally that address this question.. Urgent, on-site

3 REPLIES 3
Attila Fulop
Occasional Visitor

Re: e1200-160 device indexing/mapping for HP-UX connectivity

Hi David,

Did you tried use indexed map and click fill map button?
Log on to the NSR in a browser, select Mapping and on the right side of the windows you will see the mapping section. By default Indexed map is selected, click on the Edit/View button. New windows will appear and you will see the actual device mapping.

Try to click on the "Fill Map" button. You can't screw up anything, until you don't save the changes. Tio save chnages switch the main windows you have to click on "Activate mapping and Save" button.

I hope this will help.

Regards,
Attila
Sivakumar mj.
Occasional Visitor

Nothing is mapped until you choose one the mapping choices, and activate it..
david_864
Occasional Advisor

All,

I am VERY familiar with the NSR, and how to map/index, my initial question was related to different operating systems.

I have the answer from a collegue, who got it frm the HP EBS qualification team, see below:

For VMS, it is â Target/Busâ therefore â AFâ first is documented. For all other O/Sâ s where an interface manager (NSR that you setup) is involved, the O/S needs a real device at LUN 0 and the AF lun does not meet that need. This is the primary reason for Bus/Target fill selection that results in the AF landing after the robot and the tape drives.