4260 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: evaluation license command view ?

rlehoux
Occasional Advisor

evaluation license command view ?

hi,

how can i receive an evaluation license for command view 8?

i have phone to support, commercial and other and everybody say to me, we don't know howto retrieve this number.

i can't manage my eva5000 and i lost a lot of time.

thanks
10 REPLIES 10
thomasr
Respected Contributor

If you're running Win2003 server, I think you can find CV EVA 8.0 at http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3664268&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=471497&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1005

From hp.com/go/support, search for 'command view eva', then choose the first link under 'command view eva software', and you're there.
AIX, Server2008, and VMware also available.
--
Liberty breeds responsibility; Government breeds dependence

hi

thanks for reply, but i search to get the license of the product and anybody in hp support, software department in usa, france or other hnow hoto get this license.

i have an eva5000 with hsv 110, i look the eva in command view but i can't configure it because i hav not the serial (vdisk can also be configured in complet version or evaluation registered)
Mark...
Honored Contributor

Hi,
If you install CV 8 on your server you will get 60 days unlimited access to CV+BC+CA (and DCM). You do not need anything else it is enabled by default for the specified period above.
However, once that period has expired you will no longer have any functionality for CV/BC/CA/DCM.
If you wish to keep using CV8 then you will need to PURCHASE the appropriate licences from HP.
Go to this site for help on licences:
https://webware.hp.com/licensinghome/hppwelcome.asp
Mark...
if you have nothing useful to say, say nothing...

hi,

thanks for your reply.

i have download the version 9.1 two days ago and i haven't the full acces to the eva, the possibility to create a vdisk is denied.

i want to buy the product but when i phone to hp support or commercial, they doesn't know how to tell me, i can't configure my eva and i can't buy the product, how can y take a solution ?

and the reseler url in hp site is out
Mark...
Honored Contributor

Hi
What version of VCS is the EVA running???
You may have a mismatch between CV and VCS??
Just put in:
https://webware.hp.com
and that should take you to the site.
Mark...

i'm newbie on eva, what is the vcs ?
Mark...
Honored Contributor

Hi,
No problem - that is the version of code that the EVA is using.
You can find out from the OCP - that is the front panell of the EVA.
Go and press any bitton and the menu options will come up. Press the right hand arrow button to enter and the up/down arrows to scroll up/down menu options.
Go into "information" menu then scroll down to "ctrl versions" and then "VCS ver" and it will tell you the version.
Probably something like V3.028 but just make a note of whatever it is.
Mark...

ok thanks for information, i will look that
Jesper Rex
Occasional Advisor

If your server has previusly been used for any version of Command View, then the Instant On license doesn't work.

That includes installing CV 8, and upgrading to CV 9.1, 30 minutes later. (Been there, done that)

And as said above, check your VCS/XCS version, and the compatability with CV 9.1