cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fetch wwn for HBA

CA1136305
Occasional Visitor

fetch wwn for HBA

I would like to find the wwn for HBA for a host having the FCA2214/FCA2214DC card. Is there any command on windows and linux to fetch the wwn for the HBA. I need something which can be run from the shell as i would like to fetch the wwn within a shell script.
4 REPLIES 4
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: fetch wwn for HBA

Saurav,
I don't have a Linux system handy, but I have seen it in the /proc/scsi tree. There should be a subdirectory named QLAsomething.
CA1136305
Occasional Visitor

Thats interesting Uwe but is there a command.Anyways in absence of a command I could probably cat the file in the proc file system and grep for some pattern isnt it??
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

I am not sure there is a command. HP has an RPM on their web page that is supposed to include Fibre Channel Utilities, but I haven't checked its contents, yet:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?locale=en_US〈=English+%28US%29&pnameOID=315741&prodSeriesId=315739&prodTypeId=12169&basePartNum=COL4635&locBasepartNum=co-19556-1&os=Red+Hat+Enterprise+Linux+3+%28IA32%29&tech=Utility++FC+HBA

Of course you can always grep the file - it is simple text.
meloni
Honored Contributor

I would suggest you to log in the switch and check what is connected on that port, you should be able to identify the WWN of the HBA
---------------X-------------------X--------------------X----------------X--------------
If everything is under control, you are going too slow (Mario Andretti)