MSA Storage
1747999 Members
4469 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: firmware upgrades, possible fix for network connectivity

Jen Mead

firmware upgrades, possible fix for network connectivity

Hi, We use af601a (2X1X16) IP Console KVM switches. I was asked to upgrade the firmware on them to help deal with IP connectivity issues we are having. They might be seperate issues but getting them all on the same firmware or even being able to verify we have right firmware is a good place to start. Could anyone tell me if they exist? Firmware upgrades that is. I have been all around the website and don't see any. I have a hard time believing they are none. And is anyone else having the IP connectivity problems? We just lose the ability to talk to them with there IP, the servers in the same rack, on the same network are continuously available, just the consoles do not respond when using the HP IP Console Viewer. After we reboot the KVM switches then it connects just fine.

Thanks -- Jennifer
3 REPLIES 3
James Muell
Valued Contributor

Jen Mead

Yes I see the link. I never saw that page in all of my searching. The KVM switches are a well kept secret at HP. Yesterday I called support and was really handed around and around. I decided to change the auto negotiate on the switches to 100Mps direct hoping that that will solve our network problems. It is the big wait and see game now. I will investigate this link you provided and let you know what happens. thanks for the link!

Jen
Jen Mead

Got the firmware updated on all of our console switches. thanks so much, hey I tried to award you some points and the webpage erred out and now will not let me give you the points. Can't tell if it worked or not. Thanks again, and this issue is resolved.

Jen