1748134 Members
3652 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: host not detected by P2000 storage

hardstone1
Occasional Visitor

host not detected by P2000 storage

I have an HP P2000G3 FC storage box. It's connected through two HP SN 6000 SAN switches to two DL 380 servers. The servers run vmware.

This environment is in production and is working fine.

Now we purchased two new DL 580 servers and wanted to connect to the same storage box. The servers have an 8Gb HBA card in them. When this is connected to  the SAN switch, the switch can detect the card. However, it is not appearing in the P2000 storage. Am i missing something? Isn't the P2000 supposed to automatically detect any new hosts connected to the SAN switch?

The DL580 servers have vmware ESXi 5.0 and I have verified that the servers have detected the HBA and mounted it.

Please advise.

4 REPLIES 4
chinthaka
Visitor

Yes, P2000 G3 is supposed to detect hba WWNs.

But i've experiensed delays in updaing SMU, some times.

Did you try to do it manually?

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

If you have zoning configured on the SAN-switches you need to create zones between the P2000 host ports and the HBAs.
hardstone1
Occasional Visitor

I haven't tried to do it manually because i'm not sure it would work and also i'd like to knwo where the problem is.

The SAn switches are using default zoning so everything is supposed to be in same zone.

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

If you want to confirm connectivity you can use fcping on the switch to bing between the P2000 and the HBA - although I'm not 100% sure that the P2000 supports fcping..