1753798 Members
7229 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: how i can download firmare for san storage hp p2000 msa

SOLVED
Go to solution

Yes officially there is no other way other than proper support contract ID or SAID with HPE you can't download firmware from HPE website.

I don't know what is your current firmware running in the P2000 array otherwise you may need multiple versions as well to make the system up to date with firmware.

If you know what exactly firmware version you need then you can Google it to find the same if anyone shared or uploaded to any public wensite but there is some risk factor always there as people may include Trozan or similar type of virus along with those firmware files. The moment you download them in your system your system gets impacted by this virus so always better to download firmware from HPE website by buying proper support contract with HPE.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

***********************************************************************************

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
rezabruce1988
Advisor

i want install esx 6.0  on san storage so i should  upgrade my firmware to latest version. did i think right?

P2000 is not compatible with ESX6.0

Please find SPOCK link to get details,

https://h20272.www2.hpe.com/spock2/cont/configsetresultview?repositoryId=212483&navId=0&source=Constraint

Also you can check P2000 latest firmware TS252P005 release notes for supported Operating system versions,

https://downloads.hpe.com/pub/softlib2/software1/pubsw-linux/p1485086127/v126190/740672-402.html

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

***********************************************************************************

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
rezabruce1988
Advisor

33333.jpgi download latest firmware and i upload it by GUI hp but it occur error that u can see in this image
plz help me

Shawn_K
HPE Pro

Hello,

Make sure the Partner Firmware Upgrade option is enabled.

SMU -> Configuration -> Advanced Settings -> Firmware -> enable Partner Firmware Upgrade -> Apply

Once you confirm PFU is enabled power cycle both storage controllers, then check the firmware versions. While it is unusual the controllers will not let you upgrade unless you are using FTP it sometimes occurs that PFU is not correctly matched between the controllers and needs to be enabled.

If this does not resolve the issue please show the versions of each controller ( A & B) and let us know what version you are attempting to upgrade to.

Cheers,
Shawn

I work for Hewlett Packard Enterprise. The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from HPE. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

rezabruce1988
Advisor

should i use ftp by cli command to upgrade? if answer is yes please guide me how upgrade by cli
my device is hp p2000 msa g3   and my firmware version is=ts201r015
i have one controller. did i should do any thing because i have one controller before upgrade?

Solution

First of all you should take data backup as part of best practice before trying frmware update.

Your P2000 running with very old firmware TS201r015 and you can't directly update to TS252P005 instead you need to upgrade controller firmware in multiple versions before updating latest version TS252P005

The upgrade path will be as below,

TS201XXXX-> TS230XXXX-> TS250XXXX-> TS252P005

Where XXXX represents any version

If you like to know about update procedure through CLI then you can refer SMU guide or firmware release notes. Please find the link of SMU guide and refer Page no 150 to get procedure of updating firmware through FTP,

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c02520791

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
barkbarton

I have found an archive containing the intermediary firmwares you need.  I searched on the keyword 1ertcollection1.  This led me to a paste bin, N2eJfvjd.  There I found working copies of TS230P008 (cp016475.exe) and TS250P003 (cp021713.exe) available.

rezabruce1988
Advisor

whats difference between TS230P008  and cp016475.exe?
i downloaded cp016475.exe but i dont know how should i use it.
i want update firmware by gui. 

Shawn_K
HPE Pro

Hello,

The cp016475.exe is an executable Smart Component. If you launch the executable, fill in the needed IP information and a user name & password, the executable will install the firmware for you.

Be sure to follow HPE Best Practices and have a complete backup of your data along with a period of no or low host IO.

Cheers,
Shawn

I work for Hewlett Packard Enterprise. The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from HPE. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo