MSA Storage
1748285 Members
3821 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: move a P2000 G3 to a different datacenter/network??

SOLVED
Go to solution
Tom Lyczko
Super Advisor

Move a MSA P2000 G3 to a different datacenter/network??

We have an MSA P2000 G3 iSCSI SAN that I want to move into a different datacenter network. 

What is the best, easiest way to go about this??

e.g. the current management network is 172.23.0.xxx and the new datacenter management network is 172.31.0.xxx

I also need to redo the LUNs, it presently has four (4) LUNs and I want to make it have only two (2) LUNs.

Should I just connect a notebook to one of the management network ports and reconfigure it using the wizard??

Thank you, Tom

6 REPLIES 6

It's suggested to connect one of the Controller through Serial cable and do the network modification.

You can use the below serial cable which was given with the MSA box when you purchased it,

Part number of the cable -> 592266-001

https://partsurfer.hpe.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=592266-001

Please find the procedure,

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c05237750

You may need the below driver,

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_ae894f585aee4217829954b940

Coming to LUN modification, only option is to take data backup and then delete all 4 LUNs and re-create 2 LUNs of your requirement. Then re-store data from backup.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I am an HPE employee

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
Tom Lyczko
Super Advisor

I don't have any data to save/keep on it, which makes things easier.

I can document everything in/on it before I start, though.

Can I somehow reset it to 'factory defaults' or something similar, then run the setup wizard or configure manually??

Solution

You can also use command "restore defaults" and that will only restores the default configuration of the controllers.

Only keep in mind that if you have any license installed then take a backup copy of it before executing above commands.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I am an HPE employee

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
Tom Lyczko
Super Advisor

Those commands are just what I need.

Document everything, connect via ssh/telnet, run the command, done.

Then take SAN to new location, perform setup anew from 'scratch', all should be well.

Thank you, Tom

Yes your understanding is correct.

Also request you to mark the forum as resolved if there is no more outstanding query from your end on this issue. This will help for everyone who are all following your forum.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I am an HPE employee

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
Shawn_K
HPE Pro

Hello,

Subhajit has very accurately described the process to restore the array configuration to default values. This will allow you to use the Configuration Wizard to set up the system. However, be aware the process of restore factory defaults will not remove any LUNs, volumes, or vdisks. My suggestion is, if there is no valid data currently stored on the array you delete the volumes and vdisks first, then run the factory restore defaults command. I would then power down the system correctly and remove all power cords. This will flush all the buffers and let you reconfigure the system without anything stored.

I would also suggest that you upgrade the array and all drives to the latest firmware to ensure the system will be at the best working order you can achieve. 

Good luck!

Cheers,
Shawn

I work for Hewlett Packard Enterprise. The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from HPE. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo