cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

msa1000 shrink or reduce lun size

rajiv pulivarti
Occasional Visitor

msa1000 shrink or reduce lun size

Is it possible to shrink the size of a LUN?

At present I have allocated all of the space on an array to a single LUN but now I need to create multiple LUNs on that same array. I would prefer to not delete the LUN because part of the LUN has been partitioned in W2k3 for a Quorum and I am hoping I don't have rework the cluster and exchange install.

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
James Muell
Valued Contributor

Re: msa1000 shrink or reduce lun size

You can try washing it in hot water and putting it in the dryer, but other than that, No there is no way to shrink a lun - especially on a cluster. You will need to either, a.) add disks or b.) backup everything and selectively restore data where you want it. But this will be problematic because of the luns disk signatures and how they register with the cluster etc. c.) the easiest way is to add disks, add them as clustered resources and copy your data over and then move the quorum to the new drive. There are several disk configuration you should consider in order to best use your disk resources. GLuck jmm
rajiv pulivarti
Occasional Visitor

Re: msa1000 shrink or reduce lun size

Thanks for the funny...

Option "C" is consistent with the research I did last night. Thank you for your repsonse!