1753835 Members
7214 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

no satisfaction with 6hr CTR

Frank Friesecke
Occasional Contributor

no satisfaction with 6hr CTR

We have a 6 hr CTR contract on our msa2324sa.

On Friday, controller A failed. HP sent out a field engineer with a new part. Upon replacing that part, we lost all access to the MSA drives. Troubleshot with HP until midnight and nothing was resolved. Sat morning re-engaged with HP support, and we tried removing the new controller. Working with the one good controller, we were able to use the MSA. This morning the field engineer came out with another controller. Again, when both controllers are in the msa we can not access the disks. Troubleshooting required power cycling the msa multiple times.

We've had more that 24 hrs of down time for 20 production servers on what is supposed to be a hot-swap fault tolerant system.

Last update is that we have been waiting over 4 hours for a call back from level 2 on this case. (#4614517008)

We have a limited window to work with hp troubleshooting on this as tomorrow we will be compelled to run the msa with the one good controller.

Can any one give me contact information for somebody at HP who can get our system back to optimal operating state?

Thank you.
5 REPLIES 5
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Re: no satisfaction with 6hr CTR

Hello Frank,

you should contact you HP partner, which has sold you the solution. He will be able to escalate this case by contacting the partner account manager which is responsible for you.

Sure, this situation is dissatisfying, but IT isn't alway fair. Even a system with no SPoF can fail. Maybe there is more then a broken controller.

Regards,
Patrick

Best regards,
Patrick
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Hello,
Just to mention,
according HP MSA's are not without SPoF. These devices have backplane used by all hw. If it fails - MSA is down. What if there is problem in Frank's enviroment.
First storage without SPoF is HP EVAxxxx.

Jan
Darren Etheridge_2
Super Advisor

I have to strongly disagree with the EVA not having a SPoF. The only product that HP has that has no SPoF is the XP class of Storage.
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Hello Darren - I do not want start flame war, but could you be more specific where is SPoF of EVA's?
(I really undestand XP is another "league")

Jan
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Software.
But then, I've been told about an XP that was killed during a firmware upgrade some years ago, too.