cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

proactive monitoring / notification

Ed Stevens
Occasional Contributor

proactive monitoring / notification

We are running an EVA 6000 with replication to a like unit at a remote site, and are looking for a product or method of getting proactive alerts via email if there is a stoppage of the replication. I am completely new to this, stepping in from a DBA role, so if anyone can point me in the right direction, it will be most helpful.

I'll be more than happy to supply additional info to clarify our product suite and requirements.
Ed Stevens
2 REPLIES 2
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: proactive monitoring / notification

This is covered by the setup of ISEE, OSEM and WEBES which is 'usually' done during first-time installation of an EVA. Errors are automatically sent into the HP tracking system and you get a copy of this message.

I'm surprised that you shop is running such a mission-critical environment and even basic monitoring has not been set up by those who installed the box.

This combination of tools is currently in transition to a HP Systems Insight Manager environment. I don't know how far this process is in the US - I suggest you get in touch with HP to discuss the details.
Ed Stevens
Occasional Contributor

Re: proactive monitoring / notification

I believe there is some level of monitoring set up. I know that when a drive goes south, HP gets a notification, but there isn't anything (at least not currently configured) that addresses stoppage of the replication process.
Ed Stevens