1752794 Members
5667 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

"HP HSV200 SCSI Array Device" Warning in Device Manager

storage
Occasional Contributor

"HP HSV200 SCSI Array Device" Warning in Device Manager

I have migrated a W2K3 server from on old EMA8000 (with Secure Path v4.0B + Platform Kit 8.7 + LP8000) to a brand new EVA6K.
I have removed the Secure Path software + Platform kit software and then I have installed the last FC Emulex driver v5.5.20a9 for LP8000 + MPIO v1.00.0.2.
I can see correctly the LUNs from the EVA6K but I have a warning in the Device Manager
???HP HSV200 SCSI Array Device???.

Do you have any ideas about how to remove this warning from the Device Manager?

Is there any issue?

Thanks in advance.

Jacques
4 REPLIES 4
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: "HP HSV200 SCSI Array Device" Warning in Device Manager

There is not really an issue. The SACD (Storage Array Controller Device) is the equivalent of the HSG's CCL. Look for a recent 'Smart Component' for an Emulex-branded adapter from HP. It requires the .INF file so that Windows properly recognized the device.
storage
Occasional Contributor

Thanks very much for your prompt response.

I have installed the last Emulex driver + Firmware + MPIO software from HP.
*LP8000(KGPSA-CB) Firmware version 3.92a2;
*LP8000(KGPSA-CB) Driver version v5.5.20a9;
* MPIO HPMpioFFEVAv1.00.02.

Do you know where can I find this recent 'Smart Component' (*.INF file)for an Emulex-branded adapter?
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor
BR796935
Occasional Advisor

what you can do is, extract the Emulex driver. And there should be an *.inf file in it with that you go to Device Manager and do an update Driver for the Controller with the warning. Here you point to the inf File. That should work. I did it with Driver 5.5.10a11 and it worked.