1753762 Members
4684 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

recovering vdisk

ajcm1972
Occasional Contributor

recovering vdisk

I have a vdisk that does not raise, for an electrical problem 7 of its 8 disks passed to status leftovr, apply the troubleshouting to erase the metadata, the disks passed to AVAIL status, but I could not add or remove the spare to see if it rebuilds me The vdisk, gives me error: Unable to modify the vdisk spare settings. The target vdisk is offline Virtual disk is offline (00c0ff10da380000379b4e5800000000) - Virtual disk is offline. - apply trust not in operation, - verify vdisk vd01 fix yes.not in operation.  Someone will have recovered this fault, there must be a lower level command that allows me to make a recovering of the raid5 by re-entering their disks ?.

Current status attachment.

only one controller.

Current Controller Versions Component Controller A Controller B Bundle Version TS201P007 Not Present Storage Controller Code Version T201P04 Not Present Storage Controller Loader Code Version 23.008 Not Present Memory Controller FPGA Code Version F400R02 Not Present Management Controller Code Version L201R024 Not Present Management Controller Loader Code Version not set Not Present Expander Controller Code Version 1130 Not Present CPLD Code Version 13 Not Present

2 REPLIES 2
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: recovering vdisk

The disks in the vdisk were leftover and you erased all of the metadata on them?

Well, in this case your vdisk is gone, consider to delete it.

There is a way to " dequarantine" a vdisk, but you already erased the metadata ...

See chapter " Removing a vdisk from quarantine" in SMU user guide.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
ajcm1972
Occasional Contributor

Re: recovering vdisk

Thanks for your help.

There will be some troubleshooting to recover the metadata from the disks and recover the vdisk? In unix you can.