New Discussion юеВ

rookie question, add disks to a pool

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ovobank
Occasional Collector

rookie question, add disks to a pool

Hi, I have a MSA2060 question,

First of all im a noob operative it, I have created pool A with 2 disk groups: DgA01 with 6 Raid 6 disks and DgA02 a Raid 0 cache with 2 xSSD.

Pool A is running out of space, and I have 3 unused disks that I would like to add,

For error in Provisioning option i expande an Overcommitted: 3.8 TB, and I would like to reduce it.

And on the other, I would like to add those 3 disks to the Pool's capacity to have a total of 10 Tb, but they won't let me add the disks to dgA01.

How should I act?

thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Ovobank
Occasional Collector

Solved

Solved

ArunKKR
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: rookie question, add disks to a pool

Hi,

I see that the query is already resolved. 

RAID 6 disk group does not allow addition of new disks to it.

You could create a new disk group under Pool A using the 3 disks to expand the Pool.

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

techin
Super Advisor

Re: Solved

@Ovobank ,

May i know how you solved the issue? Thanks

Ovobank
Occasional Collector

has said   arunkkr its a virtual pool you only need to add a new disk group  its the unique method to add more space.

You cant add disk to a exit group.

JonPaul
HPE Pro

Hi Ovobank,  sorry for the limited options.  As a fix to this issue there is a new RAID level, MSA-DP+,  which will allow disk group expansion.  The MSA-DP+ disk-group requires a minimum of 12 drives to start.  There is some good information about MSA-DP+ and general deployment information in the MSA 2060 Best Practices guide:  https://www.hpe.com/psnow/doc/a00105260enw?jumpid=in_lit-psnow-red

I work for HPE