4692 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: san switch 2/16 no telnet link or ip

SOLVED
Go to solution
matthew sanders

There may be another alternative for the the Silkworm 3800 style switch aka BR-3802 BR-3800 Brocade Silkworm 2/16 aka HP Storageworks SAN Switch 2/16 aka EMC DS-16b2.

If you can find how to default it without the admin interface, I came across the default IP address, for HP at least, of 10.77.77.77

As far as I know it does not do FC inband management, but does have an HTML interface if you can get the IP.

For the HP version the login is admin / password.

Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

> As far as I know it does not do FC inband management,

Well, perhaps by in-band management this is meant:

you can set an IP address on the switch's internal "fc interface". Now you add a route to this subnet on your management station. That allows IP access to other switches via the FC infrastructure, even if there is no LAN link.

But I would not call this "FC in-band management", either.
mark parr
Occasional Advisor

Matt Sanders you pegged It, the pin out is a strait through serial cable, but the key was the Hyper Terminal emulation having it set to VT100. If you have the cable hooked up to the pc and Hyper Terminal running as the switch boots It will echo everything to the screen. I was able to log on and use ipaddrset command and re-set the ip address. And am up and running.. Thanks All.