MSA Storage
1753862 Members
7288 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: sanswitch 2/16-el reset

Justin Belfield

sanswitch 2/16-el reset

I have been given a sanswitch 2/16-el and I can get into it through telnet with the user account on the switch not the admin account. I need to reset the ip and various other info so I need to get in as the admin. The serial port does not seem to work (i've tried everything I can find on these forums including the VT100 mode fix). I opened it up looking for a factory reset jumper and noticed that there are 3 jumpers. Does anyone know if one of the jumpers are a factory reset?? If not does anyone know how to reset the switch to factory reset.

Thanks,
3 REPLIES 3
BR739321
Occasional Advisor

I'm not sure about the jumpers - to reset the admin password though I believe you'll need to obtain the wwid of the switch and then contact your service provider who will get a password recovery image from Brocade (tied into the switch wwid). Downtime is required. I seem to recall the procedure is dependent on the version of FOS so depending on what version you're running things may have changed.
See also a related post from last year:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1022202
Justin Belfield

Thank you for your response. I will see if anyone here knows who we bought these through.
antonio difruscia
Regular Advisor

I had a similar problem and luckily they did
not change the root login/password for the
factory defaults and I was able to log in as
root and reset everything, otherwise as mentioned you will need to contact brocade and get a new download image..

TonyD