MSA Storage
1748128 Members
3388 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: storageworks switch 16

CA902529

storageworks switch 16

I would appreciate any feedback on this, We have 2 x storage works fibre switches, we are able to connect to the first switch via web browser to view a java menu but if we try to connect to switch 2 just get unable to display screen message but it is possible to telnet to both switches. Firmware versions are the same the only difference is the switch we are having problems with comes up with an error when doing errshow of : (0x10fbdab0 (tSwitch): Dec 9 01:28:56 (10)
Error FLASH-BAD_MIRROR, 3, Recovered 0 from 1: 1964568 bytes at 0x40000)

Firmware versions are: kernel 5.3.1
Fabric os 2.1.9g

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Neil,
there are 2 copies of firmware image stored in the EEPROM, and seems like one copy got corrupt. In addition, you have old firmware in the switches. Latest is 2.6.0.
So please call HP and order firmware update ASAP
Eugeny
CA902529

Thanks for that. Do I have to phone HP or can I just d/l the firmware?
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

No. You should phone HP because firmware is HP engineer installable
Eugeny
Marc Dijkstra
Trusted Contributor

Neil,

My apologies for hijacking your thread, but I have the same problem and would like to clarify something with Eugeny.

Eugeny, will the FW upgrade clear the corrupt cache? Or is there something else that could be done to get rid of the error?

Thanks Neil!!

MND
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila"
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

As usual, there's a boot bios which does not change and firmware image which can be downloaded and loaded by this bootbios, unpacked and executed (just like in ciscos). You should manage to either load firmware image from IP host and then reflash switch from IP host (via tftp) or load good image from another flash/another part of flash. Unfortunately I have no further details. Officially you need to call HP
Eugeny
deepak bajpai
Advisor

I have a similar problem but its more critical.

I am using two hp 2/16 switches.I am not able to even boot the second switch after i did all switch completely and thats why cant telnet to it or see any errors.

please help

Thanks,
Deepak
david5337_1
Regular Advisor

deepak bajpai,
Do you link two switches in one fabric?If it is,you need to remove one switch from this fabric,then change it's domain ID.
If no,you need to contact HP to replace the switch.