MSA Storage
1753963 Members
7621 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: unidentifiable diskdrive

CA1177891

unidentifiable diskdrive

Our EVA5000 gives the error: diskdrive in this bay is unidentifiable.
Under disk enclosure is a bay that gives that error, while there is a disk in that bay.
Replacing the diskdrive is not a solution.
7 REPLIES 7
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

What do you mean by 'Replacing the diskdrive is not a solution'? Is that not acceptable to you or did you try it and it didn't work?

I haven't seen that message before, but it is possible that the backplane of the disk drive enclosure is damaged - suggest you log a call with your service provider for detailled analysis.
CA1177891

I mean that after replacing the diskdrive (put it in and out) didn't change anything.
I found out that the tabs Code load and Locate (see attachments tabs01.jpg and tabs02.jpg) are missing.
CA1177891

attachment picture tabs02.jpg
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Oh, I see. What type of disk drive is it and what firmware version are you running? It is possible that you need to upgrade VCS.
CA1177891

We use 72.8GB Fibre Channel 10K diskdrives and Firmware 3.010
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Interesting - it should work...
Have you tried this disk drive in another bay? Can you compare its modell number with other disk drives in this EVA? I assume you have more 72GB disk drives. Can you try yet another disk drive in this bay?
CA1177891

I've made a call to our service provider for detailled analysis; it had to do with a defect diskdrive. So the problem is solved now. Thanks.