1751701 Members
5505 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Losing access to network

sjordet
Advisor

I've been told that the 6.2.1 only adds some fixes for the HP425 ap...
anthonymel_1
Advisor

I used 6.3 and it was too buggy.  I'm on 6.0.2 and pretty happy.  Really wish HP will organize all these versions.

ISoliman
Super Advisor

I have a customer that faced clients disconnection issue after upgrading to 6.2 and using 6.2.1 solved the issue totally and same recommendation he gave to another site and worked perfectly... if u r in the 5.7 code then use 5.7.3 sr2 better if you don't need new features
ISoliman
Super Advisor

the version is 6.2.0.1
sjordet
Advisor

I was running both 6.2.0 and 6.3.0 for several weeks each, and had issues impossible to troubleshoot or pin down.

Before that we were running 5.7.3-sr2 for many months - and was very happy. When 5.7.4 was released, I took the plunge and downgraded.

No problems at all after that, but I'm a bit jealous of the features in 6.x. I will wait for the next 6.3.x (or 6.4?) and try that, but I'm afraid I'm stuck on 5.7.4 for the rest of the lifetime of this equipment.

Two MSM765 with 250 MSM430 and 100 MSM410.
ISoliman
Super Advisor

use 6.2.0.1 and let me know.. 6.3 having Bonjour feature for Apple but no stable version yet
Ryeman
Occasional Contributor

@ISoliman wrote:
use 6.2.0.1 and let me know.. 6.3 having Bonjour feature for Apple but no stable version yet

Hi - I've just upgraded my MSM710 to what I thought was the latest Firmware 5.7.4.0 and, if anything, it seems to have made the client connection issues worse! Where can i get hold of 6.2.0.1? The Download section in HP My Networking does not show this version.

PS HP support have told me this product is end of life and only begrudgingly gave me a link to their FTP site for version 5.7.4.0. I have a valid Software Care pack

Evan_ISS
Frequent Advisor

@Ryeman wrote:

Hi - I've just upgraded my MSM710 ...

PS HP support have told me this product is end of life and only begrudgingly gave me a link to their FTP site for version 5.7.4.0. I have a valid Software Care pack

If you have a valid Software Maintenance (not Hardware, it doesn't qualify) Care Pack you need to link it to your HPSC account and then it will (hopefully) be linked to the Software and Updates portal from where you will be able to download the latest software for your controller.

The MSM710 is indeed EOL and software development has stopped at the 6.0 version, the latest version for it is 6.0.2 if I am not mistaken.

Ryeman
Occasional Contributor

Looking at the exteded System log for 'Controlled AP's' I focused on one particular Client who had just lost network on their Windows Mobile HandHeld Device. Here is the section where i think it starts to go wrong;

May  2 10:13:10 debug kernel       TW1419N0FC Sending deauthentication to 00:1a:6b:a6:3a:ed (requested by eapolserver)

May  2 10:13:10 debug eapolserver  TW1419N0FC Disassociating wireless client 00:1A:6B:A6:3A:ED

Why would the 'eapolserver' suddenly request deauthentication?

MSM67
Occasional Advisor

Was firmware the only solution to these issues? I seem to be having the same problem with 6.4.1.0-17746.

Here are my experiences: http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/MSM-Series/MSM760-Clients-loosing-network-connectivity-ping-times-5-10-full/m-p/6716088/thread-id/4205#.VPfEmmB0270