4714 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: MSM760+MSM410 AP goes silent

pmonardo
Occasional Contributor

MSM760+MSM410 AP goes silent

Hello,

Kind of new to managing HP so forgive me if this has been answered before but I did search and couldn't find something that answered my question.

Hotel using a MSM760+MSM410 APs and I am seeing in the logs the following message. It seems to happen to all of the APs.

Software version: 6.2.1.0-17104 Hardware revision: B:48

Severity: Minor Minor ID: 72 Device: AP5 Category: Controlled AP Type: AP is silent and possibly down Latest associated event: ID 1345: AP (name='AP 5') has started to offer wireless services First occurrence: 2015-05-14 00:52:26,215 Last change: N/A Cleared: 2015-05-14 00:53:39,623 Description: AP (name='AP 5') is silent. It may still be providing services but is unmanaged. Reason: (value='Secure connection to AP went down') Probable cause: The AP is not connected to the network, or is powered down. Recommended action: Make sure the device is powered and connected to the network. Make sure that the AP can discover the controller as well. Acknowledged: State: Cleared

I thought it was related to this post but that setting is disabled on the APs on the controller.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=mmr_kc-0119465&sp4ts.oid=5179584#bottom

Any logs of configuration settings I should attempting to look at ?

Maybe an newer firmware will fix this issue??

2 REPLIES 2
Arimo
Respected Contributor

If these messages are coming during normal operation, I'd rather have a look at the wired network. There's likely to be a link failure or congestion or something along those lines between the controller and the AP.

Alternatively the AP might reboot for some reason. Check current FW release notes, maybe you find there a solution.

HTH,

Arimo
HPE Networking Engineer
pmonardo
Occasional Contributor

Ok thanks for your input, greatly appreciated.

I'll report back if I find anything interesting.