1748274 Members
3996 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: MSM760 WLC teaming - Licensing

allanc16
Occasional Contributor

MSM760 WLC teaming - Licensing

Hello I have a couple of MSM760 controllers doing teaming. Is there a command to run through CLI to know how many APs are supported on each box? I can see the # of APs synched by controller but I want to know the # of supported APs per the license.

4 REPLIES 4
CraigS1971
Valued Contributor

Hi Allan, I may be misunderstanding but here goes. When you stack the controllers they share all of the licenses. This is for fail-over to work correctly. The controllers will load balance the APs. If you disconnect a controllers, the APs Will automatically migrate to the other one. You need a license for every AP connected. How many APs do you have connected? I think the controllers come with 40x built in licenses but not sure if it gives 80X combined or 40X across the team. Regards, Craig.
allanc16
Occasional Contributor

Hi Craig, there are  lot of APs (200+) actually. So is there a way to view how many it supports as a whole? From the GUI or via CLI ?

CraigS1971
Valued Contributor

Ok. So you need to login to each controller's ip address.

Then go: Maintenance -> Licenses

This will show you how many licenses are installed on the controller.

It does not show all controllers licenses from the teaming controller manager ip.

Add them all together and that is the maximum amount of APs that your team will manage.

You can also look on the front panel. It should show installed licenses as well.

Eslovs_Kommun
Occasional Advisor

Don´t know how it is in the old firmwares but in the latest (6.6.x.x) you can click on "Controlled APs" in the summary (Upper left corner of the GUI).
There you will find the total amount of licenses in the Team.