M and MSM Series
1748151 Members
3588 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: New MSM760 shows firmware failure on MSM422 when installed

Joshua Hyatt

New MSM760 shows firmware failure on MSM422 when installed

My MSM760 show firmware failure on all of our MSM422. All of this equipment is brand new and the firmware on the MSM720 is 5.3.1.0-01-7143 and 5.3.5.0-01-7983 on the MSM422. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Communications, Wireless (Legacy ITRC forum) to MSM Series. -HP Forum Moderator

7 REPLIES 7
Fred!
Trusted Contributor

Can you provide a screen capture of the AP overview and a screen capture of a particular AP details (click on one AP in the list).

Are there any 422 directly connected to the controller, or are they remotely placed, and if so do you have the necessary ports opened (the ones recommended in the documentation)?
J Vesterdahl
Regular Advisor

I have firmware failure on two out of 8 MSM410s connected to a 765zl controller in a 5406zl switch.

The 6 OK 410s were discovered, updated and configured without a hitch a while ago and have been working ever since. Now I am expanding the network and two 410s will not play along. MSM410 firmware is 5.3.5.0-01 7983

I'm investigating VLAN issues, but so far it looks OK (= setup is like the ones that are working).
There is always one more bug ...
J Vesterdahl
Regular Advisor

Ah ... the MSM410s that work have an older firmware - version 5.3.1.

Perhaps the newer MSM410s with the 5.3.5 do not work because the controller has version 5.3.1, which was then passed on to the existing MSM410s

Looks like the same problem you have, Joshua.

So, anyone from HP: can we downgrade the MSM410s or must we upgrade the controllers?
Joshua Hyatt

I contacted HP Support and they provided me with an updated firmware for the MSM760 that matched the firmware for the MSM422. As soon as I got that installed they booted and configured with no problem.
J Vesterdahl
Regular Advisor

Me too.
I got the latest firmware for the 765, and both new and old APs got upgraded without a hitch.

Cool!
cedric Naera
Occasional Contributor

Newbie to ITrc
We have a similiar issue. We have just purchased the MSM760 with 34 MSM422.

The problem that I am having is that I would like to download the firmware to fix a few errors that we are having, the problem is that we have the carepacks for hardware and software but when I check my profile it has not link the carepack to allow me to download the firware

Who/ Where do I go to resolve this issue
Fred!
Trusted Contributor

For MSM SW you need to contact HP support, you will not see them appear in the web portal. They will likely hand you the 5.3.6 SW which will solve your issues with the MSM422 (see also 5.3.6 release notes).