1752655 Members
5865 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: PCM discovers MSM765zl wireless controller but cannot "see" attached AP's

Sk33t3r
Advisor

PCM discovers MSM765zl wireless controller but cannot "see" attached AP's

my MSM765zl Wireless controller cannot "see" the AP's that it is controlling. I think it's something small I am missing. I am trying to see the AP's in PCM 4. under "CONTROLLED DEVICES" but, I simply cannot manually add AP's out on the network. It will also not auto-discover based on manually added switches on those subnets.

I can view the controller's web management interface and all the AP's are connected and green. Maybe someone has seen this issue before?

MSM765zl wireless controller

Firmware Ver. 5.7.0.2

PCM 4 attempting to discover AP's ranging from MSM320's to MSM430's (see attached)

5 REPLIES 5
Fredrik Lönnman
Honored Contributor

I've had that problem also, and I think I got it working once I added the ssh login credentials manually to the controller in PCM, just SNMP didnt cut it.

---
CCIE Service Provider
MASE Network Infrastructure [2011]
H3CSE
CCNP R&S

Sk33t3r
Advisor

right-click and SSH to device works in PCM. Creds are correct. I think it may be related to an expired software/phone support license(hardware is lifetime). Working with PCM Support and will let you know what we find.

Stigge1000
Regular Visitor

I had some issues with that too. 

But  the TCP ports 7667 and 7668 must not be blocked on the computer running the PCM agent.

So if you have a FW that blocks those ports, for example Windows own, open them up.

You can also try to use sFlow and open UDP 6343.

mikes-lv
Established Member

I have the same problem not only with MSM, but with older WESM/RWESM wifi solution. PCM+ v4 couldn't see any access point (we have MSM422). firmware Firmware Ver. 5.7.0.3 or  Ver. 5.5.3

with WESM solution are the same problem, PCM couldn't identify any radio ports (we have about 140 radioports and 2 WESm and 2 RWESMs) connected to WESM or RWESM. and also another problem, that in wireless statistics (form 3.20 and 4.0) I couldn't see any information about connected clients (client count in Wireless metrics). Windows wirewall is disabled.

What support sais about this problem? any ideas? i many times installed free (trial) version of PCM, but problems remain the same. 

Sk33t3r
Advisor

[ FIXED ]

It was inadvertently fixed when we had an issue with Guest traffic that could not resolve external DNS. Allow External DNS through your Surfing Firewall. It should fix this issue. Almost instantly I noticed AP's at sites I forgot there were AP's deployed there that were all happy and popping up.