New Discussion юеВ

Changing the @host.domain.com email domain

SOLVED
Go to solution
TWBSupport
Regular Advisor

Changing the @host.domain.com email domain

Hi All -
I've been reading through the posts and still can't quite figure out how to do the following..

Our 11.11 hpux server sends automatic emails out after certain processes. The email comes through as user@servername.domain.com, I need to have the emails come through as user@domain.com. I'm pretty sure I found in the sendmail.cf file what I want to do (below)

Masquerade as (DM):
If you wish to have mail appear to be from some host or location other than the loacl host, set macro M to the name you wish to masquerade as.

Where do I add this command in the sendmail.cf file? Also how should the entry look?

Thank you for your time.
4 REPLIES 4
Ivan Krastev
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Changing the @host.domain.com email domain

Just use:

DMexample.com

after that :
# /sbin/init.d/sendmail stop

# /sbin/init.d/sendmail start

regards,
ivan
TWBSupport
Regular Advisor

not working. Is there anything else I need to do in sendmail.cf that could be overriding this?

I do have the following setup also

Dj$w.domain.com, is this OK w/the DM?
Geoff Wild
Honored Contributor

I don't use the Dj macro - and it works for me.

I use the DM and DS macro's and Troot - otherwise it is pretty much stock.

Make sure the first host in /etc/hosts is this server's hostname and Fully Qualify it:

192.x.x.x servername servername.domain.com

Rgds...Geoff
Proverbs 3:5,6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make all your paths straight.
TWBSupport
Regular Advisor

doh! got it. Just the DM worked, I was testing w/root and not a standard user. Thank you!