1753447 Members
5058 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Commercial Sendmail Programs

Kellogg Unix Team
Trusted Contributor

Commercial Sendmail Programs

We are using Sendmail Switch from sendmail.com which is running on solaris servers. It looks like we may move our sendmail servers to HP platform; but sendmail.com doesn't support its product on HP.

I wanted to know if HP user community uses any commercial Sendmail MTA program to manage their mails. Any URL links of those products will be appreciated!

Thanks
work is fun ! (my manager is standing behind me!!)
12 REPLIES 12
Shannon Petry
Honored Contributor

See if PerlMX is available for HP-UX, I think it's actually called Activestate now though.

Regards,
Shannon
Microsoft. When do you want a virus today?
Geoff Wild
Honored Contributor

If you have a support contract with HP - I would just use the version that comes with HP-UX. Any issues - then you just contact them.

I guess it really depends on what functionality you really need....

How do you use sendmail now?

Rgds...Geoff
Proverbs 3:5,6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make all your paths straight.

Our internal gateways to the internet are using SendMail Switch running HP-UX 11.00 on L-Class servers. The problem is they stopped developing for HP-UX a couple of years ago. Don't you just love they way vendors have such a good lifetime on a product?

Michael
Shannon Petry
Honored Contributor

I just looked at the product page for Activestate. They do support HP-UX 11.0 or higher.

This is mostly a Anti-Spam toolkit, but has alot more.

http://www.activestate.com/Products/PureMessage/index.plex

From people I know that use this software, the support is excellent.

Regards,
Shannon
Berlene Herren
Honored Contributor

Actually, on the sendmail.com site, sendmail switch is supported on HPUX 11.0.

I did a search on hpux at the site and choose the sendmail support FAQ.

Berlene
http://www.mindspring.com/~bkherren/dobes/index.htm

Berlene,
Yes, but that was in version 2.1. After that there is no support for HP. The end of slae for 2.1 was 9/01 and the end of support was 9/02.

Michael
Kellogg Unix Team
Trusted Contributor

So far, Only ActiveState is the program mentioned. They do more of content filtering but after talking to them, I was told, they do support sendmail as well. Looks to be interesting product - working as MTA, spam-control, and virus-control, all in 1 !

sendmail-switch is a good product, its very easy to manage and monitor. But what good does it serve if they don't support HPUX .

Shannon Petry
Honored Contributor

Well, as far as I know if your doing commercial email with Sendmail, you have very few choices. Hence why Activestate is the only product mentioned.

If you dont want the Scanning, Jamming, etc... Did you contact sendmail.org about their commercial program? They do have one, and it's very nice since it comes from the developers. Even has a nice GUI installation CD, 24/7 phone support, etc...

The only problem I found with Sendmail Corp is that it's pricey for what you get.

Sincerely,
Shannon
Kellogg Unix Team
Trusted Contributor

Shannon,

I don't see sendmail.org's commercial support plan. The commercial link points to sendmail.com !