New Discussion юеВ

Re: Netscape 7.0 Profile Problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Karthik S S
Honored Contributor

Netscape 7.0 Profile Problem

Hi,

I use NS 7.0 on my workstation. And all of my mails are stored in my home directory under the following locaation

"/home/kss/.mozilla/karthik/4tmu66ag.slt/Mail/Local Folders"

When I restarted NS7.0 this morning it asked me to create a new profile and started storing the mails under,

"/home/kss/.mozilla/karthik/4tmu66ag.slt/Mail/Local Folders1"

Since I am unable to access my mails I restarted Netscape but again in created a new folder. I also tried manually pointing the original "Local Folders" where I have all my mails from the account settings but upon restart of Netscape the same problem repeats. I also tried moving "/home/kss/.mozilla" and "/home/kss/.netscape" to a different location but with no success.

What could be the problem. Pl. help.

Thanks
Karthik S S
For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three. - Alice Kahn
6 REPLIES 6
Francisco J. Soler
Honored Contributor

Have you another proccess running netscape?

Check it out with ps -ef | grep nets. If so, kill it and restart netscape. When netscape detects another netscape running, it asks for another profile location.

HTH
Frank.
Linux?. Yes, of course.
Karthik S S
Honored Contributor

No .. it is not.

-Karthik S S
For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three. - Alice Kahn
Francisco J. Soler
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Karthik,

Try 2 more things.

1.- Check if you have enough disk space.

2.- Try to delete the files,
liprefs.js and preferences.js from your .netscape directory (backup first the files), and run the netscape again.

HTH
Frank.

Linux?. Yes, of course.
Karthik S S
Honored Contributor

Hi Frank,

You are right. The user's Home Directory was mounted from a NetApp storage and was exceeded the quota limit. After increasing the quota it started working fine.

Thanks
Karthik S S
RAC_1
Honored Contributor

link the directories with ls command.
There is no substitute to HARDWORK
Rick Beldin
HPE Pro

FYI - you should know that Netscape 7.0 is no longer the preferred or supported browser on HP-UX.

Mozilla 1.2.1 is currently being delivered and Mozilla 1.4 is in the works.

http://www.hp.com/go/mozilla

Similar to Netscape 7.0, it has more features is based on a later code-stream.
Necessary questions: Why? What? How? When?